Check the list of scheduled tasks and eliminate the entries that either present a security risk or affect the performance of the system.
Compatible with: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 - 8 - 8.1
Get freel version here: Click for free version
"Portable and straightforward" - Softpedia
In modern Windows OSes, particularly in Win 7 and later, the system uses a lot of programmed tasks to manage your computer.
These tasks are starting apps but are neither found in the classic registry ("Run") entry, nor in the "Startup" folder.
In many cases uneeded, or even worse, malicious tasks have been registered and running under your nose
Task Doctor is a tool to help you manage those tasks.
Use it to:
- check these tasks' signatures
- upload them to Virus Total
- perform other checks
- Get a host of info about a task: if active, last run, what it runs, etc.
- Disable, delete or re-enable the tasks
- Export and import tasks to and from your system
The app is portable; just unzip and run.
Admin privileges are not required, except for the case of enabling/disabling tasks.